Got writer’s block? Or maybe you’re just looking for something new? You’ve come to the right place. Welcome, and I hope you’ll find at least one or two of interest!
- Recall a recent dream you had and make a story out of it.
- Imagine yourself doing a regular house chore (ex. laundry or dishes). Now, write about it as if you were an outsider, watching you from afar, noting down your actions. (For an extra twist, write it Shakespearean style, or another author you emulate.)
- Pretend you have the job of “Official Word Creator”. What word would you come up with and what meaning would it have?
- How would you want others to see you?
- You wake up one day and realize you’re living the life of someone else. Whose life did you wake up to and what goes on during his/her day?
- If your alarm clock could talk, how do you think it would wake you up?
- Pick a song you like and write a short story around it.
- If you could pick one talent you’d like to have (that you currently don’t), what would it be and why?
- Write from the perspective of an inanimate object found in the bathroom and relay its experiences on being used.
- Open your favorite audio streaming service and head over to the “Discover” tab. Shuffle play it and write something about the first song that comes on.
More to come in future posts so stay updated!
(P.S. Prompts will be posted every Friday of each week!)